In summer, our hair is prone to dryness and frizz. While the idea of getting sun streaks on our hair excites us, it might as well scare us a bit too. Sunlight can be just as damaging as a blow-dryer. Read on our substantial summer hair care tips. Trust me. Your curls will thank you for it.
- Apply a rinse-out hair conditioner to keep your hair shiny. Conditioner seals in moisture and prevents sun damage. However, use a leave-in conditioner instead if you’ve got thin or fine hair.
- Take a break from curling and straightening irons and blow-dryers. Your hair will get exposed to too much heat. Consider getting it air-dried. It may take a long time, but it’s safer.
- You may want to use jojoba oil as a pre-shampoo treatment, or as a leave-in conditioner. It works well to tame frizz. Just apply it to your hair strands to soften them.
- When you’re out in the sun, don’t forget to cover your head with protective gear (a hat, a cap, or a bandana) to keep your delicate strands from getting damaged by the sun’s harmful rays.
- During the summer months, it is advisable that you use all-natural hair care products. Some styling products contain harsh chemicals that would leave your hair dry.